1. Food, Wine & Fests - Fall is synonymous with fests: wine fests, harvest fests, pumpkin fests, apple fests, chestnut fests and of course the Oktoberfest.
2. The Cattle Call - In Bavaria, herders lead cows down from the mountains where they have been all summer. The livestock is decorated with bells, flowers and crosses, and villagers have street parties to welcome their animals and the hard-working herders who looked after them.
3. Super-sized Sunflowers - According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the tallest documented sunflower was grown in Germany in 2015, soaring about 9m high.
4. Scenic Fall Foliage – Enjoy walled cities, waterfalls, vineyards and castles against a backdrop of reds, golds, purples and greens as trees shed their leaves.
5. Home of Christmas Markets - As the days grow shorter, darker and colder, Christmas markets begin, usually three weeks before the winter solstice.
What is your favourite season?
With Love Stompie!