I had the privilege of visiting Washington D.C. the capital of the United States of America.
Here some interesting facts I would like to share with you about the presidential pastime of D.C.:
- George Washington never lived in DC. The White House was actually completed a year after he died and the second U.S. President, John Adams, was the first to live there.
- The statue of Andrew Jackson in Lafayette Square (directly across from the White House) was partially made from British cannons that were taken in the War of 1812.
- The White House has a total of 35 bathrooms.
- George Washington was supposed to be buried at the U.S. Capitol but his will stated that he wanted to be buried at his home, Mount Vernon, just outside of DC in Virginia.
- The original phone number for the White house in 1878 was simply the number 1.
- The only president buried in DC is Woodrow Wilson, who is entombed at the Washington National Cathedral.
My next adventure is already planned, come back to find out where it was.